Mike 70's and 80's Rock Nut.
by Mike Crake
1. Ginger Baker. I rate his timing and feel as one of the best I have ever heard. His mix and groove for each song with Cream was perfect. If you don't relate to this you can't hear what I am referring to and never will.
2. John "Bonzo" Bonham. A magician with his drum kit, one of the best ever, pure raw power and soft feel he connected so well with LZ's heart n soul no other muso has come close to this.
3. Mitch Mitchell. A drum sound and connection that related to JH's groove. Magic sound and feel.
4. Stuart Copeland. He blended this unique sound to marry so well with Sting and the Police. One of the most talented in the business with a very special ear for timing.
5. Neal Peart. Need I say any more, quality top shelf drummer.
6. Ian Paice. One of the best heavy rock drummers, sensational timing with DP.
7. Stering Campbell. This man is so sharp and crisp that the B52's would not have been as good without him. I love the sound he made and the final product is one of the best of the 80's. Truly talented.
8. Keith Moon "the Loon" Madness to the extreme, so spread out he could not miss but his talent was sublime when he was on, he must have been hell to work with up n down with his moods swings.
9. Phil Collins. Very talented to play and sing, I think his feel is one of sweetest out there.
10. Nick Mason. Just because he was the drummer for Pink Floyd. This group flows in my blood and Nick made his style one of the most complete amalgamated sound's ever! GO listen again! Connect!